This serves as my initial Rule of Life.
It is not currently derived from any other rule or aligned with any monastic Order, but originates from an introspective look into who I am and what it is I want/what I’m seeking. During this time of “pre-testing,” I will work through several established Rules of Life, from various Orders, and will incorporate whatever from within them I see fit. This page will continually be in development, and could change at any time.
- It is my “expectation” that all of creation awaits for the “revealing of the sons of God” (Romans 8:19).
- It is my belief that God “chose” me from “the beginning” for “salvation” through “sanctification by the Spirit” (2 Thessalonians 2:13).
- It is my belief that we are called to be “watchful,” awaiting the coming of the Lord (Matthew 24:42; 25:13; 26:41; Mark 13:37; Luke 21:36; 1 Thessalonians 5:6; 1 Peter 4:7).
- It is my conviction that I am born to and called out by God to the eremitic vocation, by which I will serve in hermitage on the coast, in self-imposed celibate isolation, so that I might draw closer to God and perfect my “sanctification through the Spirit”, in order that I might hasten the “revealing of the sons of God.”
- In my isolation, I will devote myself to Contemplative Biblical Study, to Mystical Prayer, to Devotional Reading, to the practice of Contemplative Silence, and to the daily celebration of the Eucharist.
- At this time I desire to balance my eremitism by incorporating the following leisure activities: hiking, kayaking, camping, watching tv/movies, reading fiction, studying academic subjects, urban homesteading, and fiction writing.
- I will provide for my own needs through gainful employment outside of the hermitage, in order to fulfill, “…if anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.” (2 Thessalonians 3:10).
- I will keep enough savings ($30,000 or five years of expenses) so as to keep from being enslaved by a particular employer.
RULES UNDER REVIEW